Hi, I'm Jess. 21 years old. Slytherin. District 9. I LOVE movies and T.V. especially Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and some would say too many shows, but they're crazy :)
*whispers* You can be mature and respectful and still have a dirty sense of humour.
*murmurs* You can curse a lot and still be highly intelligent with a massive vocabulary.
*mumbles* You can be quiet and reserved and still be witty and even outgoing in certain circles.*sighs* You can be intelligent and sharp-minded and still forget what month it is
#WORD #she’s SUPER SCARY and i love it#this photoset doesn’t even include like#turning a journalist into a beetle and keeping her captive#permanently disfiguring a fellow student for not holding up under pressure#erasing her parents’ identities without giving them any agency or choice
If you win tonight, I think we should bring you the Oscar —Ellen Degeneres to Jennifer Lawrence at the Academy Awards
1. Your place is in the kitchen. If you somehow manage to find work outside of the home, it is because you fucked the interviewer.
2. You cannot participate in sports because no one will want to watch you play. Unless your uniform is a sports bra and spandex.
3. ‘You are not like other girls’ is the best compliment you can receive. Other girls are your enemies because they are your competition. Not in landing a job, but in landing a husband.
4. Homosexuality is okay in pornography. Love and marriage with someone that is of the same sex as you is not.
5. You were asking for it. Despite the fact that he was your friend, despite the fact that you were too inebriated to say ‘yes’, despite the fact that you were passed out. You were asking for it.
6. Wearing revealing clothes makes you a slut.
7. Don’t have sex because everyone will think you’re a slut.
8. The worst thing you can possibly be is a slut.
9. But you still need to be sexually alluring and available. Just not a slut.
10. It is your responsibility not to get pregnant and your responsibility alone. However, if you do get pregnant, you cannot get an abortion because that’s just being selfish.
11. You don’t want to have children? That’s not how things are done. You’re not living up to your role as a woman.
12. Being upset and cognizant of your feelings is a sign of emotional and mental instability.
13. Lose weight.
14. But keep your curves. You’re not a real woman without them.
15. You don’t own the rights to your body.
16. If you notice any discrimination based on your sex or gender, it’s better to keep quiet because you don’t want to upset anyone. Silence is better than making someone uncomfortable.
17. It is your fault for being born a woman. And you should be ashamed.